From the Sweatshop

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mom and Dad's 40th Anniversary

So when I started planning Mom and Dad's 40th Anniversary Party I was looking for a theme.  I asked Mom what flowers they had in their wedding . . . BLUE daisies.  Maybe they were a lovely choice in 1970, but I don't do blue daisies.  Daisies are white with yellow centers.  Like this:

And this:
And this, and this, and this:




Brad and Melissa made beautiful daisy cookie sandwiches.  (I hear it took Brad awhile to do it right.)


The menu:

Apricot Glazed Chicken Skewers
Salt-roasted Beef Sandwiches with Red Bell Pepper Aioli
Blanched Veggies with Parmesan and Balsamic Reduction
Greek Couscous and Bean Salad
Wheatberry Salad with Raisins and Pistachios
Caprese Skewers

Chocolate Cake Pops
Daisy Cookie Sandwiches
Vanilla Cupcakes with Whipped Creme Fraiche

Congratulations Mom and Dad!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment