From the Sweatshop

Monday, June 1, 2009

Lauren's Go Green Birthday

My wonderful friend Lauren was turning 11 and honored me with the job of planning her birthday party. For the invitation I used wordle.net. Check it out -- fun to play with.Lauren is a budding enviromentalist and chose "go green" as her theme. I found some very cute green (the color) decorations. Dinner was a pasta bar where the girls got to choose their pasta toppings.For dessert we had a strawberry cake and homemade ice cream (ice cream flavors added by Lauren).

We did several green (as in re-use) crafts. As the girls arrived we created button flowers with old buttons, floral wire, and floral tape.

Next was designing a "sculpture". We used empty plastic containers which once held rice and salsa, all the junk from the bottom of the toybox, and a glue gun. The girls were very creative. After dinner we made a tote bag out of an old t-shirt. After sewing the bag the girls used fabric paints to further decorate their bags.Party favors for the girls included pots that Lauren and I filled flowering plants, button flowers in their plants, t-shirt bags, and sculptures.

I had a wonderful time with my favorite 11-year-old and her lovely friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment